The AHA's Heartsaver CPR AED Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an AED in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
Upon successful completion of both portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.
Cost: $25 per person
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.