HOW IS TECHNOLOGY CHANGING RELATIONSHIPS?
- THE TERM FRIEND IS EVOLVING.
- WE’RE BECOMING ADDICTED TO IMMEDIATE AFFIRMATION.
“We are living for likes, and we’re longing for love.” - Craig Groeschel
- WE HAVE THE POWER TO DO FRIENDSHIP ON OUR OWN TERMS.
PRACTICING THE POWER OF PRESENCE
God didn't shout His love from heaven. He showed His love on earth!
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them…10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. 13 When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them… Romans 12:9-10, 13 NLT
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other…
1 Peter 4:8 NLT
Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.
1 John 3:18 NLT
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
- How have you noticed technology changing or impacting your relationships?
- Which relationships need more of your presence and engagement? Be specific.
- What specific change are you going to make to break technology’s negative influence on your most important relationships?