1. Judgement » Mercy
- You can’t live without laws.
- The kingdom of God is different... He didn’t bring judgement, He brought mercy.
John 3:17 - For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
- We all know judgement is coming but when God's kingdom came to the world He brought mercy.
- That mercy is for you right now.
Hebrews 4:16 - Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
- In our kingdoms, we want judgement first to protect our rights! In His kingdom, He brings mercy first.
Ephesians 2:4-5 - But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
Our kingdom wants Justice first and God wants Mercy first. His Kingdom is upside down.
Secondly, we are provided the ability to…
2. Enrich the Kingdom » Richness in Life
- To make our king rich and powerful.
- To give you every opportunity and every advantage, all the education, the knowledge, and all the trade craft you need to make the king more rich and powerful.
In His kingdom He wants to enrich you!
John 10:10 - The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life
- With satisfaction so your life has meaning.
2 Corinthians 9:10 - For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you. 11 Yes, you will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous…
- With generosity because it brings happiness.
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
- With love because it brings wholeness.
John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid
- With peace because there is suffering in this life.
Thirdly, we are provided the chance to…
3. Support the King » become royal Family
- In a kingdom people serve the king. We support the king; with our work and taxes.
- The whole Kingdom is set up to support the king
In God’s Kingdom the King supports the kingdom.
We become the family of the King.
John 1:2 - But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
- You will never see a kingdom on earth where the king adopt his subjects into his own family.
- God has enough for everyone. You don’t need to support me. I will support you, and more than that I will make you an heir of everything I own. You will be my family.
Romans 8:17 - And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory…
Kings aren’t born in a manger... or are they? Kings births are not announced to shepherds in a field... or are they? Maybe we have got this upside down. Maybe kingdoms are not about armies and palaces and supporting the king; making him rich and powerful.
Maybe true kingdoms are to provide mercy--not judgment.
Maybe true kingdoms provide a rich life--not a rich king.
Maybe, just maybe, true kingdoms are about family.