10 Promises You can look forward to.
- God Promises Forgiveness and a New Heart
Ezekiel 36:26 (NKJV) - "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."
- Imagine that. He takes out your old heart, your whole being and gives you a new one.
I. Live Fully
The glory of God is man fully alive. -St. Irenaeus
- Let me ask a question: With no explanation of what he meant, do you feel fully alive?
Hope unbidden arose at the thought that God’s intentions towards me might be better than I’d thought. His happiness and my happiness are tied together? My coming fully alive is what He’s committed to? That’s the offer of Christianity? Wow! I mean, it would make no small difference if we knew–and I mean really knew–that down-deep-in-your-toes kind of knowing that no one and nothing can talk you out of–if we knew that our lives and God’s glory were bound together. Things would start looking up. It would feel promising…the offer is life. Make no mistake about that. So then…where is that life? Why is it so rare? -John Eldridge
1. Judgement » Mercy
- You can’t live without laws.
- The kingdom of God is different... He didn’t bring judgement, He brought mercy.
John 3:17 - For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
- We all know judgement is coming but when God's kingdom came to the world He brought mercy.
- That mercy is for you right now.
Hebrews 4:16 - Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
- In our kingdoms, we want judgement first to protect our rights! In His kingdom, He brings mercy first.
Ephesians 2:4-5 - But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.