10 Promises You can look forward to.
- God Promises Forgiveness and a New Heart
Ezekiel 36:26 (NKJV) - "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh."
- Imagine that. He takes out your old heart, your whole being and gives you a new one.
2. Holy Spirit
- He promised a Comforter.
Luke 11:13 - So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.”
- The Holy Sprit will guide you and show you the truth.
John 16:13 (KJV) - "...When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth."
- Someone to guide us someone to warn us. If we listen.
- God will take care of you.
Matthew 6:31-34 - “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
- God gave the best He had by giving us His only Son.
Romans 8:32 (NKJV) - "He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?"
- God promises to guide you on His pathway.
Isaiah 30:21 - Your own ears will hear him. Right behind you a voice will say, "This is the way you should go," whether to the right or to the left.
- So many decisions and he promise to guide us and give us wisdom.
James 1:5 - If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking
- God has promised peace.
Isaiah 26:3 - You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
- You don't need to worry.
Philippians 4:6 (KJV) - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
- Our culture punishes itself with worry and anxiety. God doesn’t want you to live that way.
6. Overcoming Temptation
- God has promised victory over temptations.
1 Corinthians 10:13 (NKJV) - "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."
- He promises an escape. He is there in the midst of it.
Hebrews 2:18 - Since he himself has gone through suffering and temptation, he is able to help us when we are being tempted.
- Not only overcoming temptation but victory in life.
1 John 4:4 - You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
- God has promised protection from harm and danger.
Psalm 91:4-6 4 - He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
- God walks with us. In us. He promises us his protection. God walks with us in our troubles.
Psalm 138:7 - Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me.
- God has promised deliverance from fear.
Psalm 34:4 (NKJV) - "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.”
- Aren’t you tired of being afraid. Doesn’t wear you out.
John 14:27 (NKJV) - "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Or a-Scared.
9. Bible Promises for Healing
- God heals us and forgives us.
Psalms 103:2-3 - Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. 3 He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
- I know what your thinking. "What about my mom or my dad?" Listen. He heals it all.
- More than that he promises to sop all suffering.
Revelation 21:4 (NKJV) - "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
10. Eternal Life (and the most famous)
- God Promises Eternal Life
1 John 2:25 - "And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.
- We are promised that he will return for us give us a resurrection like His.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 - We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves. 17 Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. 18 So encourage each other with these words.
John 14:2-3 (NKJV) - "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."
Listen… I know you are hurting, but His promises are true!
I know you are afraid, but his promises are true.
She left or he left, but God’s promises are true.
I know what the doctor said, but God’s promises are true.
His kingdom is upside down. He is not a politician. He doesn’t make promises he doesn’t keep. Our life is not going always going to be like this. Because our life is eternal… We have a home in Glory land that outshines the son because of His amazing grace!
Live in joy this week. He is called faithful and true.